“Power” actress La La Anthony is tuned in. The high-profile actress has stepped up to co-sign ESPN’s new “The Last Dance” docu-series on NBA icon Michael Jordan and his 1997-1998 Chicago Bulls.
La La’s Watching
La La went to her Instagram page to geek out. Anthony shared her love for MJ and co-signed the must-watch 10-part series.
“?’d in….Love u MJ ❤️THE GOAT?” -La La’s Instagram
Initial plans had the docu-series airing in a couple months. However, ESPN decided to treat people staying at-home in quarantine with an early release.
There was already a massive fervor generating for the Michael Jordan documentary, “The Last Dance,” which focuses on the Chicago Bulls‘ 1997-98 season but also goes in depth on Jordan’s legendary career. With the entire nation quarantined, however, the anticipation has swelled considerably — so much that ESPN has chosen to air the documentary starting this Sunday, moving up significantly from its originally scheduled June air date. (CBS Sports)
Wait, There’s More
The series is expected to run every Sunday through mid-May. Every weekend will feature two new episodes.
- Sunday, April 19: Episodes 1 and 2 air from 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN 2.
- Sunday, April 26: Episodes 3 and 4 air from 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN 2.
- Sunday, May 3: Episodes 5 and 6 air from 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN 2.
- Sunday, May 10: Episodes 7 and 8 air from 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN 2.
- Sunday, May 17: Episodes 9 and 10 air from 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN 2.
Before You Go
A few days ago, ESPN gave fans a quick taste of the series. Heading into the weekend, the network shared a few minutes of episode one.
“Can’t wait for Sunday? Neither can we. So we’re dropping five minutes from the first episode of #TheLastDance” (ESPN)